Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Lockwood Chronicles Episode 3: Unchained Darkness by Katrina LaFond

“Alexander’s head pounded, and his stomach reeled at the pain. He stared at the woman and the beast within roared in frustration as he struggled to hold it back. It demanded that he pounce, drive her to the ground, tear into her. It wanted nothing more than to feed on her life’s blood, take her body violently. Alexander’s heart broke as he fought, trying desperately to get back in control. He used a burst of adrenaline to try to claim control of his body, and he dropped to his knees with the effort. He met Madeline’s gaze. ‘Kill me,’ he hissed through clenched teeth”

Alexander is behaving strangely. He’s being hostile to Madeline, refusing her advances, and leering at other women. He also realizes he’s been losing time, falling asleep at the office for no reason, and forgetting things. Then, one night, he loses control. He does something for which Madeline may never forgive him, and then he leaves the mansion, disappearing into the night.

Madeline is at a loss to explain the changes in Alexander. After 20 years together, is it possible that she never really knew him? Is it possible, that he’d been hiding such violent tendencies? And why would he do that? Why would he pretend to be something he’s not for so long? No, she’s convinced that something’s happened to him, that perhaps something’s been done to him. But how can she, a vampire of little more than two decades, hope to stand up to a one with the power of nine centuries? How can she bring him back?
 
 
 
Author Bio:
 
I’ve always been a big reader. As a matter of fact, I’m told that I was already reading before I even started kindergarten—little things, of course, not Shakespeare. Over the years, I breezed through any writing assignment given to me, and even began to write on my own some during grade school. It was in high school, though, that I really began to get serious.

From the start I gravitated toward science fiction and fantasy stories. They were pretty tame and very adolescent, but I had a lot of fun writing them. I was reading books like Dune by Frank Herbert at the time, so most of what I wrote centered around outer space. It wasn’t until I started writing about vampires that I began to realistically think that I could write for a living. I read a book called The Initiation that was about vampires. The part I remember best was at the end, when the girl, who’d been turned into a vampire, allowed herself to die in the first rays of dawn rather than feed on the boy she loved. I remember that so vividly because I thought it was the most beautiful depiction of unconditional and unrequited love that I'd ever read (hey, I was a teenager, what did I know?). I immediately looked for more books like it but the selections were limited. All I could usually find were goofy stories for little kids or sappy romances for adults. I wasn’t really interested in any of those, so I thought to myself: Why don’t I write one?

Over the years, my vampires have grown and evolved with me, and now I write those ‘
sappy’romances I used to sneer about. Oh well, I’m a sappy grown-up I guess. I’ve tried writing stories more for teens, but I’ve discovered that if I try to control my characters too much, they rebel and the story becomes stagnant and boring, so I go with the flow.

When my web designer told me I was going to have to write something for her to put on
an“about me” page, I cringed, and I will admit I got a little nervous. I’m a pretty solid believer in not putting too much information about yourself online, but then I realized that with any story of mine that anyone reads, they learn a little more about me. Nearly every female character that has ever allowed me to write her story has more than a trait or two borrowed from me (and no, I won’t tell you which characters, or which traits). So, ‘about me’…. Suffice it to say that, I have been in a serious relationship with the same man for more than twenty years, and so far I haven’t found a reason to ruin that with marriage. We have a geriatric dog named Sandy who thinks she’s still a puppy. I work a full-time job because I don’t want to starve to death or live in my car. And I write every chance I get.


Buy Links:

Amazon
B&N


 
Author Links:

Website
Amazon
Goodreads
Facebook



Tich's Review:

If you have not started The Lockwood Chronicles I highly recommend getting Episodes 1 and 2 along with this one. They have all been fabulous. The stories flow smoothly and the characters are fantastic and fun to read. I have enjoyed spending my time with the Lockwoods on their adventures. Each episode is short and can be read in one sitting, which is great if you're a busy mom.

Something is wrong with Alexander and Madeline is at a loss how to help him. Her loving and thoughtful husband has turned into something else entirely. His behavior is at times downright hateful. He is sleeping late and cannot account for long peroids of time.

The last time that their lives turned upside down someone had drugged Alexander. Could the same thing be happening again?

Grab these episode and sit down for some funfilled, edge of your seat, adventures.

This series is for the mature audience but not erotic.
 
 
 
Tich's Butterfly Rating:
 
 

No comments: