Title: Piper Day’s Ultimate Guide to Avoiding George Clooney
Author: Vanessa Fewings and Christina Cannarella
Genre: Chick - LIt
Publication Date: December 3rd, 2013Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.
Finding romance in the world’s most glamorous city isn’t easy.
For Piper Day, fresh in town to work as a studio nurse on one of Hollywood’s busiest backlots, finding love seems impossible. Two men who couldn’t be more different vie for her affection: a wildly wealthy actor who gleefully bathes in the adoration of his public and a sweet, humble teacher who works at the on-lot childcare center.
Throw in the task of having to avoid one of Hollywood’s biggest celebrities or risk losing her job, Piper’s life is anything but smooth sailing.
On any given day, Piper can be helping a patient on the dusty set of a western or on the futuristic bridge of a starship or in the plush office of a studio executive. She never knows where a nurse will be needed once she enters the legendary gates of Gemstone Studios.
These are the adventures of Piper Day, a life where reality and fantasy tango in the dream-soaked world of Tinseltown.
Add to Goodreads
1. Write every day if possible even if it’s just a sentence or two. It all adds up.
2. Write from your heart. Be brave and trust your characters to guide the story along.
3. Read books in your genre and others as well.
4. Hang out with other authors.
5. If you’re having trouble with a chapter or where your story is going, go for a long walk. Sometimes pushing forward and writing a scene helps to break through it.
1. Draw from real life experiences to start writing or if you are having a block. This gives you something to connect with emotionally, which can get help move you forward because it is a familiar feeling.
2. Trust your initial instincts. If it makes you laugh or cry, chances are, it will make your readers feel the same way.
3. Find a mentor who is a writer and open to guiding you when needed. Their experience and knowledge can be invaluable!
4. Don’t ever underestimate the power of your story. We like to be taken on journeys that other people have experienced. That’s a way for us to learn from each other.
5. Never give up! I know it sounds cliché but nowadays there are many venues to have your book published. Self-publishing is sometimes the best way to go if other doors aren’t opening for you.
Vanessa Fewings (aka V.M.K. Fewings) is the award-winning author of The Stone Masters Vampire Series. Her first erotic novel, Enthrall, will be released later this summer. Prior to publishing, Vanessa worked as a registered nurse and midwife. She holds a Masters Degree in Psychology. She has travelled extensively throughout the world and has lived in Germany, Hong Kong, and Cyprus. Born and raised in England, Vanessa now proudly calls herself an American and resides in California with her husband.
Vanessa has been invited as a special guest to attend the Anne Rice Vampire Lestat Fan Club’s Annual Ball and Undead Con in New Orleans this Halloween. Alongside some of the most distinguished authors, including Anne Rice herself, Vanessa will be a guest on writer panels and at the author meet and greet where fans will get the chance to chat with her personally about her new vampire novel Bohemian.
Vanessa Fewings is repped by management firm IPG.
Christina Cannarella is a Los Angeles-based creative writer, actor and medical consultant for tv shows and films. She fused her nursing career with Hollywood when she began working in the entertainment industry, both behind and in front of the camera over a decade ago. Some of the shows included in her resume are Parks and Recreation, Masters of Sex, Private Practice, Revenge and Parenthood.
Her first original sitcom script, “On the Boulevard”, was chosen as one of the winners of an FX Competition for “the next great half-hour comedy show.”
Christina grew up in an Italian family from Wisconsin, intermingling her midwestern values with her quick wit, she adds a sprinkle of this in all of her creative endeavors.
She is very excited to be releasing her first novel, Piper Day’s Ultimate Guide to Avoiding George Clooney in collaboration with Vanessa Fewings.
Connect with the Author Goodreads