Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hardpressed ~ Book Tour


Title: Hardpressed (Hacker#2)

Author: Meredith Wild

Genre: Erotic Romance 18+

Publication Date: December 9, 2013

Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.

 

Synopsis

In Hardpressed, the highly anticipated second book of the Hacker Series that began with Hardwired, Blake and Erica face threats that put both their love and their lives on the line. Despite Blake Landon’s controlling ways, the young and wealthy hacker finally won the trust of the woman he loves. Internet entrepreneur Erica Hathaway broke down the walls that kept her from opening her heart and her business to Blake. Ready to start this new chapter in her life, Erica is determined not to let anything come between them, even if that means giving Blake back some of the control he craves in and out of the bedroom. But when demons from her past threaten their future, Erica makes a decision that could change their lives forever.

Add Hardpressed to Goodreads

Purchase Links for Hardpressed: Amazon US | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Google Play

Purchase Links for Hardwired: Amazon US | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Google Play



MEREDITH WILD – PROMOTIONAL POST

Why do you write?
I couldn’t say for sure, but I’m pretty sure that writing is better than meth. When I get into a story, the best word to describe that feeling is “high.” Getting lost in my characters and their world, and the anticipation of leading my readers through all the romance, loss and crazy plot twists that I’ve cooked up is an experience that cannot be beat. I’m getting amped just talking about it.
Of course, I didn’t know any of this until I started writing fiction seriously. In the past, writing was mainly a creative and personally therapeutic outlet.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
Life. Travel. People. Everything.
Once I started writing seriously, I started to find inspiration in the strangest places. Standing in line at the grocery story while a family bickered in front of me. Instead of being irritated that they were holding up the line, I found myself fascinated by their exchanges and how the people around them reacted. Inspiration is everywhere. Sometimes it just takes a little perspective change to notice it.
Travel is all about perspective change, which is why it’s possibly the most powerful inspiration for me. Movement from place to place, a unique and non-media-filled expanse of time and anticipation, and then allowing oneself to truly take in all the sensations of a new place… priceless! 

What's the best advice you have for aspiring writers?
Just do it. Make time. Carve it out. Fight for it, even if you aren’t convinced you deserve it. Even if you think everything you’re doing sucks. I promise, it will suck less when you get to second draft and editing. Get the story out, at all costs! Tell the demons to STFU and just write.

What's the toughest criticism you've ever received?
I honestly don’t mind thoughtful critiques, because I’m eager to make each book I write the best that it can be. I’d say the toughest criticism comes from people who don’t take the time to read the whole book or spout thoughtless or groundless criticism in reviews. Unfortunately the Internet can be a harsh place where people say things they’d never say to someone’s face, but I’m learning to see those comments for what they are. In the spirit of staying positive, I devote my weekly yoga practice to the meanest reviewers, sending them some much needed love and light because they probably need some more serenity and whiskey in their lives.
When it comes to constructive criticism, my editor doesn’t pull any punches. While it can be difficult to hear that something isn’t working, I rely heavily on her feedback in the editing process. Working with an editor has had a dramatic impact on my writing, since my English major skills became a little rusty over the past decade.

What part of writing you like most (first draft, second, editing, etc)?
The jury is still out on what part of writing I like most. Each part has its own set of challenges and rewards. I would lean toward editing, because I like putting the finishing touches on the story. The icing on the cake, so to speak. Seeing a project come together is a great feeling too.

How do you pick your covers?
I’m a graphic designer, among other things, so I’m a bit of a design snob. I like my covers to be unique, beautiful and meaningful, without being cliché. For the Hardwired Series, I chose a theme of textures/fabrics. Finding images that relate to the story and to each other has been an interesting challenge, but the Hardpressed cover has been chosen and I’m looking forward to revealing that soon!



About the Author

Meredith Wild picked up her first romance novel at the tender age of twelve, and shortly after put pen to word processor and made her first attempt at writing a love story inspired by those she so enjoyed reading well past her bedtime.Her dream of writing took a back seat to college, parenthood and eventually entrepreneurship, which led her into the fast-paced and male-dominated high tech industry. With enough life experience for a few lifetimes, she now devotes her hours to writing contemporary adult romance, with a hint of kink.Her debut novel Hardwired tells the story of billionaire bad boy, Blake Landon, and the object of his obsession, strong-willed tech startup CEO, Erica Hathaway.When she isn’t writing or mothering, Meredith can be found sunbathing with an adult beverage.

Connect with the Author: Blog | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest



a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments: