Friday, June 20, 2014

Breaking Free by Alexis Noelle ~ Review

Holly James is trying to move on with her life, but it’s not easy. She can’t stand to be touched by anyone, not even her own family. She is a lost broken shell of the person that she used to be. She realizes that shutting everyone out is much easier then opening up and letting someone hurt her. 

Drew Walker is no prince charming. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself and has no intention of changing. He loves the life of excitement and entitlement that comes with being the lead singer of a band, and has no plans to get tied down anytime soon. 

When these two meet there is an immediate chemistry. The thing that surprises Holly is that she can tolerate his touch. He makes her feel like herself once again and gives her the freedom and comfort she has been desperate to find. On the other hand he is self-centered, egotistical, and everything that she should stay away from. 

What happens when the one person who can save you might also be the person who can break you?

“There was something about Drew, but I had no idea what it was. He was self-centered, cocky, and definitely not prince charming. Maybe that’s why I liked him though. Maybe I didn’t want to be saved by the handsome prince. Maybe I wanted to be corrupted by the evil king.” 

**Breaking Free is for mature audiences only—strong language, and explicit sexual content are apparent.**




About the Author:
I love reading romance books! I feel like being able to lose yourself in a book in one of the more exciting aspects. The books I love to read and write will be ones that make you feel for the characters. You should have an opinion on every character in a book. Whether you love them, hate them, or think they are up to something. 

I live in Philadelphia Pennsylvania with my husband, two kids, and two dogs. On top of starting a writing career I am a full time student, and a full time mom. I love spending time with my kids, although I have to hide the computer from them when I am writing! I love being active and being able to do any activity outdoors. 

I have always thought as an author the most important critic is your reader, so I would love to hear from you. If you read the book and loved it or hated it, tell me. As long as it is in a constructive way I will always answer and interact with you. I want fans to feel free to tell me what they want for the characters in the story and what they want to see happen.

I cannot wait till my first book is published and I can start this amazing journey!

Author Links:


My Review:

Okay, I'm in love. Seriously in love. This book rocked my socks off. I started reading at 9PM thinking that I'd just read a couple of chapters before bed, the next thing I know I'm reading the last page. I look over at the clock and it's 4AM...yeah, it was that good.

Alexis Noelle has written a beautiful story of hardships and love. I was sucked in from the first paragraph, it's not everyday that a book can draw me in so quickly. I was so hooked that I was IN the book. I shed a few tears, laughed, and even stomped my foot a couple of times. This is the first of her books that I've read and will definitely be reading her other books!

Holly has some issues and hates physical contact. More than anything she just wants to be the girl she used to be. Her friends all have steady boyfriends and it can be pretty depressing.

Drew is a superstar singer. He's handsome and catches Holly's eye right from the start. He is happy and content living the privileged life of a rich and famous singer. He isn't looking for commitment of any kind. When he meets Holly he's surprised at the pull he has to her.

This is definitely a book for your mature audience as it has adult content. Be prepared to be sucked into the book for hours.

My Butterflies:


No comments: