Friday, June 20, 2014

The Lockwood Chronicles Episode 7: Love Stories by Katrina LaFond

Alexander and Madeline: Their love is strong, but is threatened by a vow made in anguish.

Lucian and Elisabeth: Their love is forbidden, but irresistible.

Caleb and Anora: Their love will create a power unrivaled among their kind.

Charles and Brianna: Their love started out pure and beautiful, but it was tainted by a careless act of violence.

Four couples bound by love and hatred, friendship and animosity, loyalty and betrayal. These are their stories—of passion, need and tragedy; of new beginnings and long-awaited endings.


Buy Links:



I’ve always been a big reader. As a matter of fact, I’m told that I was already reading before I even started kindergarten—little things, of course, not Shakespeare. Over the years, I breezed through any writing assignment given to me, and even began to write on my own some during grade school. It was in high school, though, that I really began to get serious.

From the start I gravitated toward science fiction and fantasy stories. They were pretty tame and very adolescent, but I had a lot of fun writing them. I was reading books like Dune by Frank Herbert at the time, so most of what I wrote centered around outer space. It wasn’t until I started writing about vampires that I began to realistically think that I could write for a living. I read a book called The Initiation that was about vampires. The part I remember best was at the end, when the girl, who’d been turned into a vampire, allowed herself to die in the first rays of dawn rather than feed on the boy she loved. I remember that so vividly because I thought it was the most beautiful depiction of unconditional and unrequited love that I'd ever read (hey, I was a teenager, what did I know?). I immediately looked for more books like it but the selections were limited. All I could usually find were goofy stories for little kids or sappy romances for adults. I wasn’t really interested in any of those, so I thought to myself: Why don’t I write one?

Over the years, my vampires have grown and evolved with me, and now I write those ‘sappy’ romances I used to sneer about. Oh well, I’m a sappy grown-up I guess. I’ve tried writing stories more for teens, but I’ve discovered that if I try to control my characters too much, they rebel and the story becomes stagnant and boring, so I go with the flow.

When my web designer told me I was going to have to write something for her to put on an “about me” page, I cringed, and I will admit I got a little nervous. I’m a pretty solid believer in not putting too much information about yourself online, but then I realized that with any story of mine that anyone reads, they learn a little more about me. Nearly every female character that has ever allowed me to write her story has more than a trait or two borrowed from me (and no, I won’t tell you which characters, or which traits). So, ‘about me’…. Suffice it to say that, I have been in a serious relationship with the same man for more than twenty years, and so far I haven’t found a reason to ruin that with marriage. We have a geriatric dog named Sandy who thinks she’s still a puppy. I work a full-time job because I don’t want to starve to death or live in my car. And I write every chance I get.

Author Links:


My Review:

Okay, by now you know that I absolutely love these episodes in the Lockwood Chronicles. I eat them up like candy. Why? Because they are just that good. Katrina never fails to capture me into her world of vampires and love. I mean, really, you cannot go wrong with some vampire romance and Alexander is just HOTT!

In this episode you are introduce to some budding relationships from friends of Alexander and Madeline, I really hope they get their own little romance series too.

Alexander and Madeline have been through some tough times over their years together. They've had to face some issues that at one time almost ended what they have. In this episode Madeline faces consequences of her actions, a promise that she made at a time when she was desperate.

My Butterflies:


No comments: